Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Can I Make It?

I've got 10 days left to go and I find it to be a miracle I've lasted this long.  I'm so exhausted now that I am functioning below 50%.  The exercising that usually perks me up isn't doing anything now because my body, mind, and emotions are just all drained at this point.  I force myself to function during the day, and it wouldn't be so bad if Joseph would nap BUT his bottom two teeth are cutting through the gums now sooo he's not.  He'll be tired and then he just won't sleep.  And mommy can barely take care of herself so she really doesn't have the patience to deal with him.  I swear that makes me feel like a bad mommy but it's so the truth.  I'm soo tired that I'm dragging and barely capable of functioning, and when he begins to cry it's like someone dragging nails down a chalkboard that I feel like I'm gonna spaz.  I've got him in his crib right now with a bottle HOPING that he'll suck on that and knock himself out.  He's sooo tired, you can see it in his face but he just refuses to go to sleep.  And what really sucks is he went to bed late last night, woke up at 3:30 this morning and then fell back asleep until around 7.  And the thing is everyone keeps telling me "Put him to bed later and he'll wake up later" Not my son.  The latest we can put him to bed without him waking up through the night and wayyy early in the morning is 8:30. Any time past 8:30 and you can count on him waking up in the middle of the night and then wake up for good usually around the same time he does normally.  IF we put him to sleep earlier, and when I say put him to sleep earlier I mean he just fell asleep earlier we can count on him waking up at least once if not twice through the night and then earlier in the morning than normal.  And so of course with him teething it REALLY doesn't help. And I've tried everything. From the tablets, to the orajel, to the green onions, to the teething rings he refuses to chew on. To the vanilla..but now with the teeth having broken through the gum he won't even let you put your finger near it to rub something cool on them..so yea..nuff said..I know they say the first teeth are always the hardest, so I'm hoping that when his top teeth come through it'll be a little easier.  And that's the BIG kicker, he's also going to be cutting those soon according to his pediatrician.  She said at his doc apt. yesterday that he's working on those too.. Usually a car ride can help get him to sleep when he's like this BUT I don't have the energy to drive without fear of passing out behind the wheel so I'm screwed..Between him teething and Bageira (my cat) bugging me off and on all night it's just been hell.  If it's not Joseph or Bageira waking me up (and Bageira has been good about that) it's noises waking me up..ugh..10 days..seems like 100..

No comments:

Post a Comment